Friday, October 8, 2010

Jones Apple Pie

So...I'm no fan of Jones...but their apple pie? Yum.





Their apple pie is redonkulicious. It is served in a hot skillet, with some kind of sexy buttery cinnamony goodness melted around it. The pie itself is exploding with apples. They pour out of the crust, and that crust...pretty tasty. The recipe changed at some point the last two years, and the current crust is, well, crusted with sugar. I think the old crust was maybe a bit better, but this one is pretty good as well. After all, I'm not gonna bitch about some added sugar. :) I think the pie itself as a little rosemary in it, but I could be wrong. It is also served with some tasty vanilla ice cream, which always melts too quickly because it's on the skillet (albeit, in a little dish), but still...absolutely tasty.

I don't really love any of the food at Jones, except for this. This pie...totally worth the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment