Saturday, September 25, 2010

The Comme Ca Burger

And on the eighth day, the Flying Spaghetti Monster created the Comme Ca burger.




Comme Ca is a French place on Melrose, near La Cienega, and it has various French dishes and whatnot. But the only thing I bother to order while there is the burger.

This is a burger that can make me drool on command. One thought of it...and I'm salivating.

It's very simple. There is some kind of slaw that comes on it, but I always have them hold it. The fries are perfect--some crispy, some crunchy, right amount of salt, good width/length. The burger itself is large, with just the right amount of seasoning (which is to say, not so much that you wonder what they're trying to cover up). It's juicy. It's topped with yummy cheddar cheese. It's on a brioche bun.

One of the things I love about this burger is that it isn't junked up with a bunch of shit like a lot of other designer burgers (i.e. The Father's Office Burger, which everyone raves about, but which I find just okay). It relies on the quality of the meat, the cheese, the bun...which means that it doesn't have the luxury of sucking.

I will say that you should order it closer to medium rare, just for the juiciness factor. I ordered mine medium today, and it came out more well-done than I'd have liked (like medium-well), especially compared to previous visits.

The only other items I've had on the menu are the creme brulee (good--but it's hard to fuck that up, and I love it anyway) and these little, fresh baguettes that they used to give out as pre-meal bread. I didn't get a baguette today, which bummed me out--not sure if they stopped that practice or not, since it's been a while since I've eaten there.

So, having eaten this ridiculously filling burger, I am now going to sit on my couch like Jabba the Hutt and enjoy my AC on this insanely hot LA day. Because I won't be hungry again for the rest of the day, kind of like how a boa constrictor can eat a small child and live off of it for a week.

(Oh, and price? Around $15.)

(Oh, and my computer doesn't have a way to use the actual French letters needed for the actual name of the restaurant, or if it does, I don't know how to do it. And don't care enough to learn.)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds yummy. Not a cheddar fan, but love a good burger. Going on my list. $15=Ouch!

    ReplyDelete