Saturday, June 12, 2010

Pretzel M&Ms



I really want to say that these bad boys are fucking fantastic. Because, really, who doesn't love chocolate covered pretzels? Perfect combo of salty and sweet.

But these...are just okay. The main problem is that the pretzels seem a little stale. I don't know if it was just the package I bought, or if it's something that plagues this version of M&Ms. I will say, though, that this is probably one of the more successful offshoots of M&Ms in recent years, save for Peanut Butter M&Ms, which nobody can fucking touch. I love those creamy bastards.

I tried the caramel ones, which made a quick appearance years ago--found them at some random shop, I can't even remember where--and they were baaaaad. Low quality caramel, had a weird overly sweet chemical taste and odd texture. I've never tried the coconut version, as I have a major aversion to almost anything coconut (except for Samoa Girl Scout Cookies--and the Dreyer's Slow Churned Samoa Ice Cream, which is kinda awesome). I avoided the raspeberry version, too, as I was afraid it would be too Fake Raspberry tasting for me (I loathe fake raspberry).

So, maybe I just think these are the most successful because they're the only ones I was interested enough to eat. :)

Anyway, they're not bad. I'd definitely opt for Regular, Peanut Butter or Peanut before getting these again, though--or just getting some actual chocolate covered pretzels. Also, side note, very small portion size in the bag I had--very few pieces. Maybe that's why it was only 150 calories or something.

Also, on another side note, what is with that X-Ray view of the Yellow M&M (aka Mr. Panicky)? What the fuck is that? To me, it implies, "Hey, you're eating my intestines." Look, M&Ms, if I want sausage, I'll eat sausage. But I don't want it anywhere near my candy.

No comments:

Post a Comment